Best Value for Money WakeboardsWakeboarding is a fun and daring sport. The thrill of gliding through the water and performing tricks in the air will instill a surge of excitement in anyone who tries it.
If you are commencing your wakeboarding journey, I recommend investing in good quality yet affordable wakeboard. Read this brief guide to learn how to purchase a high-standard wakeboard and the top 5 wakeboards that I love.
Your All-In-One Guide to Purchasing a WakeboardWakeboarding is a cherishable sport, and many water sport enthusiasts love it. When you get started on wakeboarding, you must take leverage of the liberty of choosing your wakeboard. Your equipment plays a huge role in molding your skill.
Wakeboard size, width, shape, and body determine the flow of your wakeboard. Scroll down to know what factors to consider while buying a wakeboard.
Factors To Keep In Mind While Buying WakeboardsA correct body posture is the most important lesson you will take as a wakeboarder. However, to maintain a good posture on the board, your wakeboard must have the right dimensions. If it is too long or short, it can easily toss you into the water. The question is, how do I choose the right dimensions? Let’s find out.
If you are tall and heavy, then choose a longboard. I would suggest short people go for a board in ratio with their bodies. However, please don’t overdo it. An absurdly long or short length will only make the job more challenging.
Keep in mind that longboards are more stable but difficult to maneuver. On the other hand, shortboards make it easy to sway along with the current. It also enables the rider to make easy twists and turns.
As a beginner, you must not jump straight into narrow wakeboards. The edges of the wakeboard also assist in landing and taking jumps. Round edges are swifter, while squared edges are more forgiving.
Fins can either be inbuilt with the board or removable. Beginners use inbuilt fin wakeboards as they require less maintenance and offer support. Removable ones have many types depending on your skill and the tricks you want to perform.
Rails and Rocker
As for the rocker, a rocker is basically how bent/curved your wakeboard is. A wakeboard with a deeper angle and curvy body launches off the wake powerfully. A relatively flat rocking will permit a smooth touchdown.
You can start with slightly loose bindings with your feet pointing outwards as a beginner. This feature will bolster your support while rising from the board and remaining anchored.
How Do I Take Care of My Wakeboard?
- If there is anything that I pay extra attention to, it is my wakeboard condition. A wakeboard goes through many impacts from the waves and current and is exposed to heat for long periods.
- It naturally means that it will get worn and torn if it’s not receiving the right care. Here are a few things you can do to take care of your wakeboard.
- Long immersion time in seawater, the wakeboard might start getting damaged due to salt accumulation on it. Hence make sure you rinse it with clean and fresh water as soon as you’re done. Wipe the water off and keep it in a cool and dry place.
- Whenever you feel your bindings getting flimsy, tighten their screws and fix any damage if required. If your fins are removable, clean them regularly. Any loose ends or wear and tear must be improved as you don’t want to put yourself at risk because of carelessness.
Top 5 Affordable WakeboardsNow buying a top-quality wakeboard does not mean that you have to burn a hole in your pocket. Many brands sell fantastic wakeboards at very affordable prices.
I get that being a beginner may hold you back from spending a dime on the right wakeboard. I have curated a list of the best wakeboards that provide excellent value for money. Read more to know about these wakeboards.
Connelly Pure Wakeboard
The Connelly Pure Wakeboard is as useful for intermediates as it is for beginners. One of my favorites, this wakeboard has a full spine that lets riders override water at the toe and land softly.
The body is composed of a System 80 core, a low-density foam. It is lightweight and allows forgiveness. It has a subtle 3 stage rocker to maintain stability in high waves and jump quickly. The four long-base molded fins are great for beginners as they let the board slide through with ease.
- Great for beginners
- It has a lightweight body, which makes it easy to flow on the water
- The fins offer extra support and streamlining for riders
- It comes at a very affordable price
- It can be used to perform tricks and jump and twist while landing smoothly
- Broad rails provide forgiveness and balance
- Not a good option for advanced level riders
Slingshot Coalition Wakeboard
The Coalition 2022 gives you access to outline, tip shape, and rocker, all in one. It is popular for delivering high performance. Coalition 2022 is considered the first wakeboard to feature chined rails that allows the board to slide across bumpier surfaces easily. This model offers larger sizing, ranging from 141 to 161. Its new-age look and feel give me many reasons to choose this wakeboard.
- Long-lasting body made of wood
- An excellent option for intermediate and advanced level riders
- Slingshot fusion sidewalls for better stabilitys
- Free and flexible on water
- It does not have inbuilt fins
Liquid Force Trip OG Wakeboard
What’s better than a 5-stage rocker that gives incredible pop without compromising on landings? The long molded-in fins offer brilliant support and control over direction and flow. The precision PU core complimented by the Dura-Glass layup prevents it from wearing out quickly.
The continuous rocker sets the wakeboard in motion with bare momentum and massive forgiveness. A variable edge rail gives room for experiments and growth.
- Removable center fin for effortless transition and better practice
- Engineered for all 6″ bindings
- Great for all levels of riders
- The double concave V assists the liquidity and drift in the water
- A durable body that is highly immune to damage/span>
- Slightly low on performance for professional riders
Liquid Force Trip LTD Wakeboard
Quite similar to the OG wakeboard, this one has a sleek and robust black and green body. The wakeboard provides six fins, which are more than I have known most boards to have. It implies that the wakeboard is a great first option for newbies to wakeboarding.
The continuous rocker can provide a robust takeoff and sturdy landing. The removable center fin can be utilized as and when required according to the ability level. Take a look at a few pros and cons of this wakeboard.
- Suitable for all riders from beginners to professionals
- Highly forgiving and steady in tough waters
- Vigorous and dynamic
- A strong body to overcome frivolous damage
- Great speed and agility
- Six fin structure for remarkable steadiness
- Relatively heavy in comparison to other models
Ronix District Wakeboard
It is relatively light to carry, giving the rider the ability to flow across the water swiftly. It launches off the wave very elegantly and securely. The concave bottom orchestrates a slight yet powerful lift that speeds up going higher.
- Ability to move fast and smooth
- Four fin technology for a well-balanced and sturdy ride
- The best option for beginners and intermediate riders
- Engineered for intense pop-ups and safe landings
- Concave bottom for good speed and fluidity
- Lightweight and tough body
- The squared rails hold back advanced riders from performing tricky stunts
Top PickMy favorite pick in all five most affordable wakeboards would certainly be the Liquid force trip OG wakeboard. It has exceptional strength. I believe it will be the best option for beginners. Given its affordable price and remarkable features, it is undoubtedly worth every penny.
Summing UpNext time, make sure you go through this guide whenever you head out to buy a wakeboard next time. I have tried to cover all essentials that you must know about wakeboards. Wakeboarding and choosing the right equipment are not rocket science, and once you get the hang of it, you will enjoy learning and experimenting with it. Till then, my guides are there to instruct and offer suggestions.
A small budget does not detract from purchasing a good quality wakeboard. This guide covers one of the best products at incredibly reasonable prices.